SOFiE versions prior to 5 are not officially supported anymore. Should you not have received the emails sent in the past monthes, please contact our helpdesk in order to receive the needed information for the upgrade.
SOFiE: How to modify the directory used by default in the graphic user interface (GUI)
To modify the directory opened by default in the graphical interface of SOFiE, it is necessary to use version 5.19 or later and to add the following properties in the client. properties file of the concerned SOFiE account:
- sofie. client. %UID%. transmission. gui. folder, for the directory opened via the "Processing / Emission" menu (only available for Business and SORT-Transport accounts)
- sofie. client. %UID%. encryption. gui. folder, for the directory opened via the "Processing / Encryption" menu (only available for SORT-Crypt accounts)
- sofie. client. %UID%. decryption. gui. folder, for the directory opened via the menu "Processing / Decryption".
The possible values are:
- “DEFAULT”, to leave the current behavior. It is not necessary to make any change.
- “LAST_USED”, to open the last directory opened during the current SOFiE session.
- “name of an existing directory”, to always open this directory.
Suppose that we want to modify the default folder that should be opened when sending a file with SOFiE user account 888810001.
In file 888810001.client.client.properties which is located in the subdirectory "SOFIE HOME\properties\clients", add the line below (using any text editor)!
Let's start the SOFiE client by entering the username (here: 888810001) and the corresponding password!
Then open the menu "Processing / Encryption".
The window that allows you to select files to be loaded shows this folder "C: \files_to_send".
Help creating or modifying FATCA and CRS reports
SIX Payment Services (Europe) S.A. offers technical support for the FATCA and CRS report files editor.
Should you need any assistance concerning any business related issue, you may contact ACD’s helpdesk (Administration des Contributions Directes) per email or phone.
Phone : (+352) 40800 - 5555
How to easily find out which Java version the SOFiE client is using ?
Once the SOFiE user interface is started, go to the menu “Help” and then “About”.
A new window opens. Scroll to the top of the page and look for a line starting with “Java Version”.
If the version number starts with “1.7”, this means your SOFiE client installation is using the recommended Java version.
Another way to check this version number is to look for a string starting with “java.version” in SOFiE’s log files (in the “logs” sub-folder), e.g.:
- java.version (JRE version): 1.7.0_51
Does SOFiE support version 2 of the FATCA report?
SOFiE support version 2 of the FATCA report starting with version 5.15. This version is to be launched on January 18th 2017 in the late afternoon.
The embedded FATCA editor will also be up to date.
You will find more information about FATCA 2 on the ACD’s website on the following page: “FATCA” (French only).
Does SOFiE support the exchange of NCD/CRS files?
Yes, SOFIE will allow the exchange of NCD / CRS reports with the Administration des Contributions Directes (ACD) as of the first quarter of 2017.
To exchange files, you will need to subscribe to the CRS Basic package.
To use the input screens and exchange files, you must subscribe to the CRS Basic and CRS Saisie packages.
For more information on the NCD / CRS exchange format, visit the following page on the website of the Luxembourg administration. (only in french).
- Website Administration des Contributions Directes (ACD)
Error while decrypting feedback files from CAA
A configuration error in SOFiE versions released before April 26th, 2016, prevented the decryption process of some feedback files sent by the “Commissariat aux Assurances “ (CAA ). It concerns the feedback file of type FBR and FBV. This error has been fixed in version “V5.12 20160426”.
New value accepted as table for EDP reports towards the CSSF
Version “V5.12 20160426” and later accepts a new value, Z22, for the field “TAB” in the filename of the EDP reports (reporting établissements de paiement).
The file « log_audit.log » is huge. How can I have a log_audit file per day?
In order to rotate the log file « log_audit.log » please edit the file « log4j.properties », located in the « properties » sub-folder.
Comment these two lines out by adding a pound or hash sign (#) at its beginning:
Add these two :
Restart the SOFiE batch or GUI client
After sending or receiving a file, you should see that the old file has been renamed and a new one created in the “logs” sub-folder.
How can I check my password for a SOFiE account on the webserver?
It’s possible to check the password for a given user account (e.g. 999900208) on the same web server as the one used by the SOFiE client to access the SOFiE server.
Please use the following link “Test my password” and enter a valid user account (aka user id) and its corresponding password.
If these credentials are valid, a login successful page will be showed.
Otherwise, your web browser will keep asking for valid credentials (user id + password) as long as the number of allowed retries is not reached. After that, an error message is displayed.
Please note that the password used to launch the SOFiE client may be a different from the one on the web server.
Should you experience any problem launching your SOFiE client, please contact our helpdesk by phone at +352 3 55 66 600 or by email at email@example.com
Does the ACD accept FATCA reports in their production environment?
Yes, the ACD accepts the FATCA reports in their production environment starting July 3rd, 2015. as announced in the following newletter (only in french).
Why does SOFiE reject a valid FATCA report?
In most cases, SOFiE will reject a valid FATCA report because the chosen context (default = Production) does not fit the information found in the FATCA report's filename. The last letter in the filename before the file's extension shows whether that file is intended for the test or the production environment. (e.g.: FATCA_20150702182431_C_20102216578_ACDEFG.00012.ME.442_T.xml).
This means that, in order to send a test report, the Test context has to be chosen in the graphical interface or set in the "batch.properties" file.
Does SOFiE support FATCA?
SOFiE supports FATCA since august 2015. Exchange files with the Administration des Contributions Directes (ACD) is one of the functionalities of SOFiE application.
In order to send FATCA files you have to subscribe to package “FATCA Basic”.
In order to use the dedicated editor, you need to subscribe to package “FATCA Saisie”.
In order to capture FATCA data and to send the created file, both packages are needed.
The package FATCA Saisie gives access to a FATCA report editor.
For more information about FATCA, please visit this page on ACD’s website.
The ABBL has released a newsletter on July 15th, 2015.
Access rights to install/use SOFiE?
SOFiE needs to be installed with an administrator account.
The application is available for all users.
The user who uses SOFiE needs writing rights on the installation folder (default: "c:\Program files\Cetrel\")
The SOFiE user needs also full access rights on the SOFIE_HOME folder (default: c:\cetrel\sofie)
What are the filename conventions for the CSSF legal reporting?
The filename conventions for the legal reporting are available on the CSSF website:
For more information, please check also the page:
What are the requirements to update SOFiE?
The user who is running the update needs a write access to the SOFiE installation folder (default : "C:\Program Files\Cetrel").
Why SOFiE doesn't recognize the type of the file to be sent ?
There are 3 possible causes:
- The name of your file is not correct (see file name conventions)
- The content of your file is not correct (see file format conventions)
How to install the sofie.config file?
There are two ways to install the sofie.config file:
- If the sofie.config file is related to a new certificate ordered, a dialog box invites you to select the config file when you log into the application.
- Through the GUI of the application (when logged in) , by "Tools->User configuration file import" menu.
How to enable automatic update of the application?
SOFiE can be installed either in "standalone" or in "connected" mode.
- In "connected" mode, Sofie is updated automatically by JavaWebstart (Windows OS only)
- In "standalone" mode, you need to download the last version manually on the SIX website from a computer connected to internet. Then you have to transfer and install the download on the computer where Sofie is installed.
How to configure a proxy with SOFiE?
Sofie supports simple authentication towards a proxy.
The following URL have to be authorized:
You have to check that the proxy has been properly configured in the SOFiE GUI menu: "Tools -> Options -> Default HTTP Settings". Check the parameter value for "proxy_host", "proxy_port". The value for "useProxy" needs to be set to "true".
If you set the parameter "useBrowserSetting" to "true", SOFiE tries to retrieve them from Internet Explorer proxy parameters (Notice: this functionality has no effect in batch mode, you have to specify the proxy parameters manually).
How to migrate your SOFiE installation on another computer?
- Backup your SOFIE_HOME folder (default path : c:\cetrel\sofie\)
- Install SOFiE on the new computer with the installer package. Don't run the application once installed.
- Restore your backup on the new computer in the folder you want to use as the SOFIE_HOME.
- If the new SOFIE_HOME path is different from the old installation , you have to check that the paths in the client and batch configuration files are still correct.
(if you use only relative paths in the configurations files, there is no change to do)
- You can now run SOFiE on the new computer and select the path corresponding to your SOFIE_HOME during the first startup.