Never let your terminal out of your sight
The damage caused by card or terminal fraud can be considerable, so the most important rule is: never let your terminal out of your sight during the payment process. This is the best way to protect yourself from access by third parties and fraudsters.
If your terminal is not needed, keep it in a safe place whenever possible.
Make your sales and till staff aware of the dangers
Be vigilant: inform your employees and protect yourself from fraud and consequential damage, for example, by defining procedures and responsibilities when handling cashless means of payment.
How can I guarantee a secure payment process?
- If it is a contact-based transaction, make sure that the card is correctly inserted into the terminal during the payment process.
- Is someone trying to distract you during the payment process? Ask them to wait a moment and respond to them after completing the transaction.
- Pay attention to conspicuous details: does the customer need substantially more time to enter the PIN? Does the customer ask you to enter the credit card number manually? Then be on the alert.
- Keep track of each transaction carefully until it is completed. Do irregularities arise during the payment process? To be on the safe side, reject the payment and suggest another means of payment.
Additional information for your security
- Deny access to your terminal to people outside your company
- Visually check your terminal for signs of manipulation (e.g. damage or adhesive marks)
- Inform the police immediately in the event of fraud or suspicion of fraud
Please report any unusual events concerning your terminal to us and help prevent your terminal from being tampered with by implementing our tips.