P2P-Payment-App “Paymit” for Switzerland
SIX Payment Services is launching a new Peer to Peer (P2P) Payment App together with two Swiss banks (Zürcher Kantonalbank and UBS) in Switzerland. With Paymit, users can make or receive payments through their mobile phone – quickly, easily and securely. Thus, SIX and the participating banks offer a comfortable alternative to payments that are still very often made by cash.
With Paymit, a combination of the words ‘Payment’ and ‘Transmit’, SIX Payment Services is offering the first Peer to Peer (P2P) Payment-App in Switzerland that is based on an open payment standard. Paymit can be used in Switzerland for payments, regardless if the customer is a client of Zürcher Kantonalbank, UBS or any other Swiss bank. The concept of an open infrastructure will support the rapid spread of Paymit. In addition to UBS and ZKB, four more Swiss banks Banque Cantonale de Genève (BCGE), Banque Cantonale Vaudoise (BCV), Luzerner Kantonalbank (LUKB) and Raiffeisen will offer the peer-to-peer (P2P) payment solution «Paymit» of SIX nationwide.
Product website www.paymit.com
- Media Release of 5 August 2015 "SIX and Swisscom join forces with Swiss banks to promote Paymit and create added value for
customers and retail"
- Media Release of 12 June 2015 "Paymit success continues BCGE, BCV, LUKB and Raiffeisen join the new payment app Paymit"
- Article about Paymit "The new payment app Paymit is taking over the market – how much longer will we need cash?"
- Interview with Pedro Deserrano "Paymit – a roadmap to success by SIX – up to two million users expected by 2017"
- Press release of 28 April 2015 "SIX, UBS and Zürcher Kantonalbank launch the payment app Paymit"